Thursday 6 November 2014

Practising My Partner's Design

This was my first attempt at practising my partner's final contemporary Elizabethan design. Despite it not being completely what she wanted and facing some struggles, it was helpful to be able to know exactly where I went wrong and to be able to gauge on the timing of the hairstyle and what skills and materials I will need.


What I discovered after doing this was that the padding was too high up and so she would want this love heart shape at the back to be smaller. If we had not practiced this, I wouldn't have known that it was not the right size. We also used crepe hair instead of padding, which made moulding the shape and size much easier for this, as I also had to create anchoring via plaits in a circle shape on the head, which would have been difficult to attach rat padding to as it is too long, so the ends would have been loose. What I found tricky was trying to make the baby hair at the bottom of her head stay too, and I have yet to figure a solution for this.




I was happy with the height of her backcombed hair here, however I did not make the curling tight and small enough, I made the same mistake of creating curls that were too large. In addition to this, I did not backcomb enough and so her hair here is too smooth and now looks straight as a result, which was disappointing but at least I now know not to do this and how to improve.


With these plaits, Chloe wanted them to be created with a method that consists of braiding the hair, then taking two of the strands in one hand and one in the other, and pushing the two strands up so it looks like hair is intertwining around one strand of hair. However when I did this, the plait would become loose at the root, and it did not look neat, and so I knew that I would need to practice this a lot in order to make it look tighter and also make sure that it would be able to be fastened behind and underneath the backcombed hair at the back.



No comments:

Post a Comment