Monday 24 November 2014

Assessment on My Partner

I think that the assessment went the best as I was under pressure and had enough practice to know what I should not do and what Chloe wanted for her final look. I was aware of timing, for example the fact that the curling might take the most time and the padding the least time.

 

 

I was very pleased with the outcome of this after the fails of all my practiced attempts. From the practice I knew that I had to backcomb the hair vigorously and I decided to backcomb each curl individually, which proved to create a better look because it meant that I didn't miss any hair, and also the hair was given volume. I think that the plait looks better in the middle, and I tried my best to keep them tight at the roots and make them look like Chloe wanted them to. Although still not perfect, I think that this was my best attempt. Moreover, I think that the backcombed hair looks very nice over the padding at the back; it wouldn't have looked as good if the padding was still as big as it was when I first practiced. I did run into trouble with the baby hair at the back, however I ended up pulling some up and pinning it to the crepe hair, and hiding the pins under the majority of the hair covering the crepe hair. With the smaller bits I used hairspray to stick them to the hair above, and although it looks gappy I believe this looks better than it would if all the hair was hanging down. Overall I am pleased with how the assessment went because of the fact that I was able to complete the look in the set time, and I created a look that was far better than the first times I had practiced it. I also believe that it was close to how my partner envisaged it to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment