Saturday 25 October 2014

Practising a Heart Shaped Hairstyle

Creating this hairstyle was a challenge for me as it was my first attempt, however I learned a lot from it and have been able to draw from my mistakes to create a more symmetrical, tidier heart shaped hairstyle.


On the right we were taught a method to crimp hair without using crimpers which I thought was interesting as it was probably a form of viable method to crimp hair in the Elizabethan times. It consisted of intertwining a piece of hair in and out of a hair grip, securing it and then pressing on it with hair straightens and then leaving it to cool. This left a crimped texture on the hair that was exactly the same as using crimpers.






This was when I had created half of the hair. What I didn't realise when doing this was that on the left of the padding, I could have pulled the hair down and secured it to the head so there wouldn't have been that loose hair, and it would have enabled the hair to look more symmetrical. Although realising when I created the high and curly hairstyle that I had too much hair at the front, I attempted to make the padding further forward and minimise the amount of curled hair but unfortunately still made the same mistake.
 




This was the finished result. I was not completely happy with how it turned out because of the fact that it was not symmetrical, I had not pulled the hair around the padding properly and I did not think the curls at the front were small and tight enough. However now that I realise that I made this mistake, I know how to secure hair over padding and create a look that is more refined and would be more comfortable on the head, as if this were on a real person it would most likely feel loose and unfastened. Moreover, I understand better what type of curls are needed at the front of the hair in order to look Elizabethan.

No comments:

Post a Comment