Monday 20 October 2014

Padding and Creating a Symmetrical Hairstyle

In the studio, we have been practicing creating an Elizabethan hairstyle, namely something that would need to be symmetrical, and so I chose to create an updo. Admittedly, it did not go how I wanted, however I found it very helpful practice due to the fact that I was able to get feedback and understand what I had done wrong.

 

 



What I found after creating this was that I had placed the padding too far back, and so the bouffant was not clearly visible and I had too much hair for the curling. If I was to do this differently, I would have chosen a curler with a really small wand so that I could create small ringlet curls that could then be frizzed and made to look more Elizabethan. When looking at this photo on the left I unfortunately see more of a bridal hairstyle than an Elizabethan hairstyle. I took this into consideration and when creating hairstyles now I know where to place the padding and how much to have at the front. Overall this was a very helpful experience which enabled me to learn from my mistakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment